The celebrations of the Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli wedding seemed to last forever, and we have seen a fabulous way: from the pale Sabyasachi Mukhejee costumes of the actor-cricketer duo in their Italian nuptials from December 11 to their festive sets Traditional Delhi reception on December 21.
But on Tuesday, A-listers – from the cricket and Bollywood fraternity – culminated in The St Regis, Mumbai, at the last major celebration of the celebrity wedding of the year in absolute elegance. And while the bridal fashion professionals, like Priyanka Chopra, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kangana Ranaut and Rekha, went out of their way and looked majestic and impressive in saris, the wedding reception full of Anushka and Virat stars was really the night of the unlikely fashion stars.
Anushka in an impressive vintage feeling lehenga set by his go-to designer, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, and Virat in a handsome bandhgala costume by Raghvendra Rathore at his wedding reception in Mumbai on Tuesday. (HT Photo / Pramod Thakur)
Kriti Sanon, Bhumi Pednekar and Diana Penty are some of the stars of Bollywood, and not only when it comes to their performances, but also to their style. The three actors overcame themselves on Tuesday night, each of them choosing looks that were very fashionable, but also reflected their own individual styles.
For Diana, it was clbadic is nervous, as he wore a Falguni lehenga and Shane Peabad with ornaments and sequins. Bhumi, on the other hand, found a softer touch with a dazzling white lehenga game. Finally, Kriti acquired the glamor of the red carpet with a sari by Manish Malhotra with dreamy pearls and thread details.
Then there was the next actress Sara Ali Khan, whose effervescence was intoxicating in a decidedly feminine green pistachio lehenga skirt and a blouse embellished in resham, beads and crystals by designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla. It was absolutely fascinating to see her establish her sober and impeccable appearance.
While all the women stood out, the men also brought it. Filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Sidharth Malhotra certainly know their fashion. Each chose elegant fusion outfits that would take their place in the annals of men's fashion: While Karan was wearing a custom-made monochrome sherwani, Sidharth was seen in a Prussian blue bandhgala.
Here are 18 memorable looks from the Anushka-Virat wedding reception. (All photos: Instagram)
1. The actor Kangana Ranaut was almost sculptural in a golden kanchivaran sari by Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
2. Neither the actor Katrina Kaif nor the designer Manish Malhotra are known for their conservative style. Then, when the star and the designer come together, they achieve badual attractiveness off the charts. Just look at the sparkling ornate crop and light blue skirt with a waterfall trail that Katrina wore.
3. The actress Priyanka Chopra stood out for her elegance, and she owned the night in a golden sari by Benarasi. It was the simplicity of her hair, makeup and jewelry that allowed her rich sari to steal the show.
4. The real white color, the sensual silhouette, the extraterrestrial appeal: the actor Aishwarya looked a little too pretty in his handcrafter set Lehenga Manish Malhotra.
5. The blue and black velvet Manish Malhotra sari from the actor Sridevi fits exactly what a sari should look like, molding each curve perfectly.
6. The simplicity, the color, the fabric of the Tari Tahiliani sari of the actor Madhuri Dixit meant that he was nothing less than radiant. He matched his sari with a Zardozi border with a hand-embroidered tulle blouse.
7. Actor Bhumi Pednekar channeled his inner ice princess and wore an extravagant ensemble of white lehenga.
8. All eyes were on Sara, the daughter of actor Saif Ali Khan, who killed in a lovely ensemble Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla lehenga.
9. The actor Kirti Sanon was elegant with a thread of ivory and a sari embroidered with pearls with a sequined blouse by the shoulders of Manish Malhotra. She looked incredibly chic and we dared to say, bady?
10. Actor Aditi Rao Hydari showed off his one-of-a-kind fashion sense with a fashionable Manish Malhotra Banarasi handhoom legend, intricately woven into metallic threads and paired with a tight-cut, navy-blue satin velvet blouse.
11. Veteran actor Rekha played a high note in this beautiful sari with luxurious shades of pink and gold.
12. The actor Sagarika Ghatge wore one of the most voluminous dresses of the night: a lehenga skirt and a long sleeve blouse by the designer Anju Modi.
13. The actress Lara Dutta chose a black anarkali in georgette brocade accented with pink appliqués and metallic fringes, which she combined with a vest with hand embroidery.
14. The actress Richa Chadda dazzled with her creation fairy Manish Malhotra: an ice blue lehenga inlaid with silver sequins and intricate embroidery, combined with a sequined blouse and an organza scarf with a feather hem.
15. Actor Vaani Kapoor donned a soft tulle peach sari with delicate handmade roses with ivory pearl sequins and transparent sequins combined with a pearl shoulder and tbadel blouse by designer Manish Malhotra.
16. Badminton champion Saina Nehwal wore a two-tone lehenga by designer Neeta Lulla.
17. Elegant as always, director Karan Johar wore a black and white sherwani from his designer friend, Manish Malhotra.
18. The actor Sidharth Malhotra was handsome in a blue bandhgala of Manish Malhotra.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more information