Andaimo obtains liquor license in Warren, Michigan allows suspension on violation of COVID-19


Warren, Michigan. – The Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC) issued an emergency suspension of liquor licenses and permits for Andiamo’s Warren Restaurant at East 14 Mile Road in violation of Michigan’s current COVID-19 restrictions.

According to MLCC, the suspension was issued on Tuesday, December 10 for LV Management Inc d / b / a Andiamo Italia.

MLCC suspended licensees’ Class C liquor license and permits for Sunday sales, dance entertainment, extra bars and catering in violation of allowing indoor sales and allowing individuals to gather without the need to wear face masks .

The suspension is not affected by other locations in Andaimo.

Seven other businesses were also released in the last week. Since September, a total of 21 establishments throughout Michigan have suspended their liquor licenses.


Read more:


According to the suspension report, on 4 December, the MLCC’s Enforcement Division investigated a complaint that the licensee was allowing indoor assembly. According to investigators, the complaint involved a wedding party that took place on November 29 in which more than 75 guests attended.

The report said investigators visited the location on December 4 to investigate and saw a chart listing the 62 guests with table assignments. The report stated that the tables were properly spaced, “that guests were not socially turned away from the tables or when they roamed around the ballroom.” None of the guests were wearing masks. “

In addition, about 40 people were in the ballroom.

In November, Joe Vicari, who is the owner of the Andayamo restaurant chain, along with co-owner Rosalie Vicari, wrote a letter to Michigan restaurants asking them to order amendments to COVID-194 from Guchen Whitmer and the state Department of Health Cancel and reopen.

At the time, Michigan was in effect under a “three-week standstill.” November 18 through December 18. Whether or not Whitmer was going to extend the stay was discussed. Eventually, the stay was extended for 12 additional days – until 20 December.

“We need to close together and fight this bandh,” Vicari wrote. “Our industry cannot survive another long-term shutdown. If we stand together and use our strength of fight then we are strong.

Joe Viserie has since retreated and made clear his intentions after writing letters to his peers, stating that he never wants to disobey mandate orders and that his top priority is for everyone’s health and safety .

“It has been a devastating experience for all of us. The safety of our community is our top priority, as we are all affected and all are battling this epidemic – some more deeply than others. Our intention with our letter to Detroit restaurateurs was to have an open dialogue about how we can preserve restaurants in the metro Detroit area while maintaining the livelihood of our employees and the health and safety of our community, ”read a statement Released on 4 December.

He said, ‘We will never disobey the mandate orders. Our goal is to find out what lies ahead. How do we find a solution that not only boosts the economy of our great cities, but also saves all Metro Detroit including our employees who are also families? “

A post-suspension hearing has been set for December 18 in Andreno’s Warren to determine whether the suspension should remain or impose other fines and penalties.

Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.