A bunch of hot RDNA 2 information from Tom dropped today Moore’s law is dead, His sources told him that AMD’s next-gen Big Navi will offer 225% more performance over the rDNA … GPU that powered the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
According to these sources the RDNA is estimated as a “The major leap is 195% for them, 225% of the current available cards. But their internal estimates are still predicting performance per dollar card to the upper end of the range“.
Another irritation is that the “top RDNA 2” will have 72 compute units, leaked on the major RDNA 2 graphics cards. 40-50% faster than NVIDIA’s current-gen flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card.
AMD uses 40 compute units in the Navi 10 GPU that gives power to the Radeon RX 5700 XT, so an upgrade of 72 CUs on the flagship RDNA 2 card to raw compute units is impressive. On top of that, we are seeing an estimated 7% improvement in IPC performance, with these numbers possibly “much higher” than this.
Mix in that high GPU clocks elsewhere in the 20-25% range and we may have a card that just can’t beat NVIDIA’s best GeForce RTX graphics card – it would be the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti – but it could be NVIDIA’s next-gen Ampere makes some serious attacks on the GeForce RTX 3000 series graphics card.
View Gallery – 2 Images
Latest Big Navi / RDNA 2 Highlights:
- RDNA 2 = 40-50% faster GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: We have rumored a performance improvement inside the RDNA 2 which will make it 40-50% faster than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. This is impressive, as the flagship Radeon RX 5700 XT has nowhere near the RTX 2080 Ti in raw performance. You can do this Read more on that here.
- RDNA 2 = 195-225% faster than RDNA aka RX 5700 XT: RDNA 2 is a much larger 195–225% faster than RDNA, which means that it will indeed be a kick ass 4K gaming card, as well as being able to overcome 1080p and 1440p resolutions at 120/144 / 165FPS. Also much easier than Radeon. RX 5700 Ext.
- 7% IPC improvement: AMD is bound to have at least a 6-7% IPC improvement over RDNA in RDNA 2, I’d say 10% and up, but lowering estimates will only improve what we think AMD removed in November 2020.
- Nvidia killer? Maybe: If the rumors are true, then like Jason Momoa said when asked if he found a Justice League Snyder cut (Known as now and confirmed Zack Snyder’s Justice League Released as an HBO Max Exclusive in 2021) So I have the following answer to the question Big Navi is an NVIDIA killer: f * ck yes.
- Launched in November 2020: is key. November gives AMD two months to see how Ampere sees it, and launch it when next-gen consoles are launching in the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. More here after the November 2020 launch of RDNA2.
Big Navy / RDNA launching in November 2 key points
- Launched in November 2020: First, AMD’s November goal means that it beats the next-gen Radon by a few months as NVIDIA is rumored (and my sources) for the next-gen Ampere-based “August 2020 launch, September 2020 release” Are true about. GeForce RTX 3000 Series Graphics Card.
- How did AMD benefit from the November launch: This will allow the company to see for a few months where NVIDIA has priced its next-gen card, and to find out how it performs once customers have their hands on it. AMD will then have to be prepared for a few months to prepare for a potential KO setback (at least until 2020) with the Big Navy.
- Launch of thanksgiving: It’s big for obvious reasons, but AMD is capable of being inside the next-gen Xbox Series X, next-gen PlayStation 5, and is an NVIDIA killer with Big Navi – all thanks to? What gift can AMD bring to the table for a better gift ?!
- Launch with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X: The stars really align AMD to do so, and if Big Navi’s performance is truly double that of RDNA 1 GeForce RTX 2080 gains 40-50% over TIThe Well, we can see that AMD may pull out by the end of 2020 with Intel and NVIDI destroying products. Amazing.
- Lisa Su said that Big Navi will come in ‘Navi 2020’: You can do this Read more about that here, But in November with “late 2020” is a very bad place, okay ?!
Quick RDNA 2 / Big Navi Specs
- GPU core: 72 SM (two clusters of 36 cubes)
- GPU sports watch: 2.05GHz
- GPU boost clock: 2.15GHz
- Power usage: 300 W or so
- Display: 40-50% faster than RTX 2080 Ti, 100% faster than RX 5700 XT
Read more on Big Navi / RDNA 2X: