But the world doesn’t stop, and especially not now as both companies are accelerating the issuing of their next-gen graphics cards. We know that the GeForce RTX 3080 is about to pile up and even more I can’t say that, but let’s talk about AMD – Big Navi is coming, And new rumors are surfacing about the performance.
Moore’s law is dead “convinced” that AMD will release a new Navi 21-powered graphics card that will feature “Distance in RTX 3080 Rustization Performance. If AMD doesn’t “beat” the 3080, they will intentionally crush the RTX 3070“.
Some more notes from MLID:
- At least within distance in the RTX 3080’s restitution performance. If AMD does not “beat” the 3080, they will intentionally crush the RTX 3070.
- More efficient in the originally intended watches than the Ampere, although they may give some models a little push to compete directly with the 3080. Even when pushed, I do not expect these models to be power hogs.
- Potentially younger people, compared to many, expect the least relative to Ampere. The specs I have just been exposed to are close to what I wrongly assumed should be the Navi 22. This is made possible by the incredible improvement in how rDNA manages memory and bandwidth. This should be due to lower bandwidth than NVIDIA counterparts (for the first time since GCN).
- Ray provides tracing capabilities that exceed Turing overall, but possibly underperform amperes.
- DMSS has not confirmed what AMD’s response would be, but they are “taking it seriously.” The software stack is not confirmed yet.
Now, even in previous rumors, MLID has expanded the Big Navy 40–50% faster than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti – which is somewhere in the GeForce RTX 3080 but not quite. There is a new rumor of performance within the “spitting distance” of GeForce RTX 3080 (the way I love its use) that I’m hearing too.
But I have written a story all the way till January 2020 ‘AMD Big Navi GPU: RTX 2080 Ti Killer, but will be defeated by RTX 3080‘.
In pure underline, I’ve told sources that the Big Navi RTX 3080 will get closer to performance – but it will be the price war that will be bigger. We have no idea about ray tracing performance, I am stressing every source that I have and the eldest has said “I haven’t heard of performance in 3 months, nothing but leaks is”.
The ray tracing performance will be another big one – maybe AMD will have some great ray tracing performance with rDNA2 but I’m sure NVIDI is going to completely dominate these areas (but again I’m willing to be surprised).
- Prediction: AMD is super competitive on price, fully possessing GeForce RTX 3080 performance levels with great power efficiency. NVIDIA retaliates with the 20GB version of the GeForce RTX 3080 that will retain the Big Navi card that starts with 16GB of RAM.