FREE Breaking News Alerts from AvenueInsider.com!
AvenueInsider.com Top Tickers, 11/2/2017
November 2, 2017 6:59 AM EDT
Get prompt alerts when information breaks in your shares. Claim your 2-week free trial to AvenueInsider Premium right here.
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) reported Q2 EPS of $1.29, $zero.26 higher than the badyst estimate of $1.03. Revenue for the quarter got here in at $eight.29 billion versus the consensus estimate of $7.85 billion.
“We had an outstanding quarter. Our consumer insights and technology innovation were the key drivers behind our customer value proposition across the Alibaba economy,” mentioned Daniel Zhang, Chief Executive Officer of Alibaba Group. “We are seeing the early results from our efforts to integrate online and offline with our New Retail strategy, and consumers have benefited from access to high quality products, improved customer experience and the tremendous convenience of shopping anytime, anywhere.”
“This quarter we delivered excellent results, with overall revenue growth of 61% demonstrating the robust momentum in our core commerce business and across the Alibaba economy,” mentioned Maggie Wu, Chief Financial Officer of Alibaba Group. “We generated approximately US$3.4 billion in non-GAAP free cash flow during the quarter,1 which enables us to invest in our future growth areas of core commerce, including logistics, cloud computing, digital entertainment and other innovation initiatives.”
In the quarter ended September 30, 2017:
- Revenue was RMB55,122 million (US$eight,285 million), a rise of 61% year-over-year.
- Revenue from core commerce elevated 63% year-over-year to RMB46,462 million (US$6,983 million).
- Revenue from cloud computing elevated 99% year-over-year to RMB2,975 million (US$447 million).
- Revenue from digital media and leisure elevated 33% year-over-year to RMB4,798 million (US$721 million).
- Revenue from innovation initiatives and others elevated 27% year-over-year to RMB887 million (US$134 million).
- Annual lively shoppers on our China retail marketplaces reached 488 million, a rise of 22 million from the 12-month interval ended June 30, 2017.
- Mobile MAUs on our China retail marketplaces reached 549 million in September 2017, a rise of 20 million over June 2017.
- Net revenue was RMB17,408 million (US$2,616 million), revenue from operations was RMB16,584 million (US$2,493 million) and adjusted EBITDA was RMB25,031 million (US$three,762 million). Operating margin was 30%, adjusted EBITDA marginwas 45% and adjusted EBITA margin for core commerce was 57%.
- Diluted EPS was RMB6.78 (US$1.02) and non-GAAP diluted EPS was RMB8.57 (US$1.29).
- Net money supplied by working actions was RMB30,507 million (US$four,585 million) and non-GAAP free money circulation was RMB22,505 million (US$three,383 million).
For earnings historical past and earnings-related knowledge on Alibaba (BABA) click on right here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try AvenueInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In