After India accuses China of provoking action on LAC, Beijing claims


China’s statement comes after the days of the foreign ministers of the two countries met in Russia.

new Delhi: China has alleged that India was “clearly … illegally trespassing” on the actual border between the two countries – the Line of Actual Control (LAC) – during the military standoff in the eastern Ladakh region on July 29 and August 30 . India said that was a provocative effort to change the status quo.

India has not yet responded to the statement, which came after the ministerial level meetings in Moscow last week – Foreign Ministers and Defense Ministers of the two countries met; After the talks, the Chinese foreign minister claimed that the two countries “need mutual trust, not suspicion”.

After the late August stand, the Indian Army said the Chinese “violated the previous consensus during military and diplomatic engagements … and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo.”

However, in a statement posted on the Chinese embassy website on Monday, Ambassador Surya Weedong was quoted as saying: “… Indian ministries claimed that the Indian Army had laid off the Chinese on the south bank of Pangong Tso Lake.” Military activity has been “pre-empted”, which has clearly revealed that they are trying to illegally (as well) change the status quo in the LAC and border areas. ”

The ambassador then cited a meeting between Foreign Minister S Jaishankar and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi and said: “It is important to take back all personnel and equipment that have committed trespass. Frontier troops should disband quickly so that May the situation worsen “. .

These comments also come in the form of satellite imagery of the Pangong Lake region from last week, which shows Chinese construction activity in the North Bank and the creation of new Chinese positions near LAC in the South Bank.

He said China was told during talks in Moscow that its border troops were engaged in “provocative behavior in many incidents of friction” and disregarded bilateral agreements and protocols, sources said.

According to sources, it was also emphasized that the Indian troops followed all agreements and protocols related to the management of the border areas.

In July, after several rounds of military-level talks following the June violence in Galvan, eastern Ladakh (20 Indian soldiers died for their country and about 40 Chinese were killed or wounded, although this was never confirmed ), Government sources told NDTV China was still not pulled back to the status quo of April 2020.

“The Chinese are not honoring their commitment to disagreement on friction points in eastern Ladakh nor going back as agreed,” the news agency ANI quoted sources as saying.

Foreign ministers in Moscow agreed on a five-point plan to defuse the situation and “prevent any untoward incident in the future”.

The plan, India told China, according to sources, was immediately on ensuring continual extensive pull-backs of all troops from friction zones.

After Moscow’s defense minister, Rajnath Singh called on China to handle the situation in a responsible manner and did not take action on matters that “could either complicate or escalate matters”.

    .

Leave a Reply