A survivor of the Manchester Arena terror attack has accused the security services of hiding the fact that the Salman Abedi bomber was rescued from Libya by the Navy three years before the atrocity.
Robby Potter said that Abedi's evacuation of the war-torn country in 2014 should have been revealed by the government or official review, rather than the survivors and families of the victims finding out about it through the media.
Mr. Potter was a millimeter dead when his heart was struck by lightning in the attack that killed 22 people and wounded hundreds more in March 2017.
He told the Daily Mail: "The authorities They have definitely withheld this information, they have not been honest.
"The government should have told us immediately or should have been in the reports. They let us find out through the press. "
Abedi was 19 when he approached HMS Enterprise in Tripoli in August 2014 with his younger brother Hashem and more than 100 other British citizens.
It is understood that Abedi's name was on a list of stranded citizens handed over to the crew in charge of the evacuation.  The ship took them to Malta, where they took a flight back to the United Kingdom.
Abedi was being monitored by the security services when he traveled to Libya, but his case was closed a month before his rescue.
] Anderson's review in Manchester The attack found that the decision to close the Abedi case as a "topic of interest" was sound, based on the information available for security services at that time.
The lawyer Elkan Abrahamson, who represents the next of kin of the victims in the next inquiries, said that Anderson's review was problematic since it did not give families access to the information held by the services. security.
The authorities have definitely hidden this information from us
"I'm sure the security services have not told us the full story, we may need an investigation to get to the truth," he told the newspaper.
"Both Abedi and his brother should have been tracked better, no doubt there are concerns about that."
When the Abedi rescue was first revealed by mail on Tuesday, a government spokesman explained: "During the deteriorating security situation in Libya in 2014, Border Force officials were deployed to help with the evacuation. of British citizens and their dependents "
Hashem Abedi is incarcerated in Libya by a group of militiamen, but the British government has requested his extradition to be tried for his participation in the attack.
So far the request has been denied.