SCU’s AFC North Preview is a fast overview of the Steelers division opponents and their upcoming video games.
Half of the AFC North goes dormant this weekend because the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers every enter their bye week. However, that hasn’t prevented the winless Browns from one way or the other even botching their week off!
Leading as much as the NFL’s commerce deadline, Cleveland tried to be a mover and shaker. They noticed the 49ers land Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, a participant that the Browns apparently coveted heading into the common season. Still looking for a QB, Cleveland had a deal on the desk with the Cincinnati Bengals to ambad their backup, A.J. McCarron however didn’t submit the paperwork in time. The commerce was rejected.
At least the Browns can’t do any extra injury to themselves on Sunday, whereas the Ravens and Bengals every attempt to achieve some floor on the 6-2 Steelers. The Ravens journey to Tennessee to tackle the Titans, whereas the Bengals additionally hit the street to play the shocking Jacksonville Jaguars.
Here’s an outline of every upcoming recreation:
AFC North Standings
Embed from Getty Images
Here’s what mytopsportsbooks has to say concerning the recreation:
The Fighting Fournettes have but to really win a recreation in Jacksonville this 12 months, going Zero-2 straight up and towards the unfold. Pick: Bengals (+four.5)
- LEADER: Jaguars lead all-time sequence, 11-9
- LAST GAME: 11/2/14: Jaguars 23 at Bengals 33
- STREAKS: Bengals have gained previous four
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 9/30/12: Bengals 27, Jaguars 10
- QB ANDY DALTON handed for two TDs vs. Zero INTs for 108.eight score final week. Has 120+ score in 2 of previous three on street. Aims for 4th badembly in row with 2+ TD pbades.
- RB JOE MIXON (rookie) had career-high 91 rec. yards in Week eight. Is 1 of two NFL rookies (KAREEM HUNT) with 250+ rush yards (253) & 150+ rec. yards (189).
- RB GIOVANI BERNARD has TD catch in 2 of previous three on street. Is 1 of three NFL RBs (MATT FORTÉ & THEO RIDDICK) with 195+ catches (198) & eight+ rec. TDs (eight) since getting into league in 2013.
- RB JEREMY HILL had 154 rush yards with 2 TDs in solely profession badembly (11/2/14).
- WR A.J. GREEN had TD catch final week. Has four TD catches in previous 5. Aims for 4th badembly in row with rec. TD. In 2 profession video games at Jax., has 207 rec. yards (103.5 per recreation) with 2 TD catches. Since getting into league in 2011, is 1 of three in NFL (ANTONIO BROWN & DEMARYIUS THOMAS) with 500+ catches (519), 7,500+ rec. yards (7,707) & 50+ TD catches (53).
- TE TYLER KROFT has three TD catches in previous 2 on street.
- DE CARLOS DUNLAP had sack & INT-TD final week. Aims for third badembly in row with sack.
- DT GENO ATKINS had sack in Week eight. Had 2 sacks in final recreation at Jax. (9/30/12). Since getting into league in 2010, has 57 sacks, most amongst NFL DTs.
- LB VONTAZE BURFICT had eight tackles & sack in his final badembly (9/30/12).
- S GEORGE ILOKA had INT in final badembly.
- CB DARQUEZE DENNARD tied career- excessive with 10 tackles in Week eight.
- QB BLAKE BORTLES handed for 330 yards with TD for 124.7 score in Week 7. Had 2 TD pbades & 96.four score in final badembly. Has 5 move TDs vs. 1 INT for 105.9 score in previous 2 at dwelling.
- RB LEONARD FOURNETTE (rookie) has rushed for 311 yards (155.5 per recreation) with three TDs in his previous 2. Aims for third in row with 130+ rush yards & rush TD. Is solely AFC participant with 500+ rush yards (596) & 6+ rush TDs (6) in 2017.
- RB CHRIS IVORY had rush TD in Week 7. Had 117 rush yards with 2 TDs in 12/5/10 badembly with NO.
- RB T.J. YELDON had career-high 122 rush yards with TD in Week 7.
- WR ALLEN HURNS had 101 rec. yards in Week 7, his eighth profession 100+ rec. yard recreation. Had 112 rec. yards with 2 TD catches in solely profession badembly.
- TE MARCEDES LEWIS had TD catch in final recreation vs. Cin. Has four TD catches in 2017, tied for third amongst NFL TEs.
- JAGUARS lead NFL with 33 sacks. Had 10 sacks in Week 7 & are 1st crew in NFL historical past with 10+ sacks in 2 of crew’s 1st 7 video games of season.
- DE CALAIS CAMPBELL had 2 sacks in Week 7. Has three multi-sack video games in 2017, tied for many in NFL. Ties for 2nd in league with 10 sacks, most by participant in 1st 7 video games with new crew.
- DE YANNICK NGAKOUE had career-high 2.5 sacks in Week 7. Has four.5 sacks in previous four.
- LB TELVIN SMITH has 10+ tackles in three of previous four.
- CB A.J. BOUYE had three PD in final badembly (12/24/16 with Hou.).
On The Airwaves
- TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
- NATIONAL RADIO: Westwood One: John Sadak, Ross Tucker | SIRIUS: 146 (Cin), 157 (Jax) | XM: 385 (Cin), 228 (Jax)
Embed from Getty Images
Here’s what mytopsportsbooks has to say about this recreation:
This line is off the board at most books due to Joe Flacco’s standing, however let’s be trustworthy, when you just like the Ravens right here, it’s not since you instantly have an excessive amount of confidence of their offense. Pick: Titans (-5.5)
- LEADER: Series tied, 9-9
- LAST GAME: 11/9/14: Titans 7 at Ravens 21
- STREAKS: Titans have gained 2 of previous three
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 9/18/11: Titans 26, Ravens 13
- QB JOE FLACCO handed for TD in Week eight.
- QB RYAN MALLETT had move TD final week. Has 566 move yards (283 per recreation) in previous 2 begins.
- RB ALEX COLLINS had career-high 143 scrimmage yards (113 rush, 30 rec.) in Week eight. Leads NFL with 5.98 yards per carry avg.
- RB JAVORIUS ALLEN has 32 catches, sixth most amongst NFL RBs.
- WR JEREMY MACLIN had TD catch final week. Aims for third badembly in row with 6+ catches.
- TE BENJAMIN WATSON had TD catch in Week eight. Since getting into league in 2004, is 1 of 6 lively TEs with 450+ catches (465), 5,00Zero+ rec. yards (5,183) & 40+ TD catches (40).
- WR CHRIS MOORE had FR-TD final week.
- RAVENS recorded shutout in Week eight & have 2 shutouts in 2017, tied for 2nd most in single season in franchise historical past.
- LB C.J. MOSLEY had 63-yard INT-TD final week. Is solely participant in NFL with 65+ tackles (68) & 2+ INTs (2) in 2017. Since getting into league in 2014, is 1 of three in NFL (THOMAS DAVIS & HARRISON SMITH) with 7+ sacks (7.5) & 7+ INTs (7).
- LB TERRELL SUGGS had 1.5 sacks in final badembly. Has three sacks in previous four on street.
- S LARDARIUS WEBB is 1 of 6 lively gamers with 15+ INTs (15) & 5+ sacks (5) since getting into league in 2009.
- S ERIC WEDDLE has 2 INTs in previous four conferences.
- CB JIMMY SMITH had 50-yard INT-TD in Week eight. Since 2015, is 1 of seven in NFL with 5+ INTs (5), 2+ INT-TDs (2) & 20+ PD (21).
- QB MARCUS MARIOTA has handed for 1,956 yards (244.5 per recreation) with 14 TDs vs. 2 INTs for 106.7 score in previous eight at dwelling. Is 1 of 6 NFL QBs with 7,500+ move yards (7,545) & 700+ rush yards (725) since getting into league in 2015.
- RB DE MARCO MURRAY rushed for 93 yards in solely profession badembly (10/14/12 with Dal.). Has eight rush TDs in previous 10 at dwelling. Since 2013, leads NFL with 39 rush TDs & ranks 2nd with 5,327 rush yards.
- RB DERRICK HENRY has 209 scrimmage yards (104.5 per recreation) with rush TD in previous 2 at dwelling.
- TE DELANIE WALKER leads crew with 32 catches. Since 2015, has 191 catches & 2,212 rec. yards, each third most amongst NFL TEs.
- WR TAYWAN TAYLOR is 1 of four rookie WRs with 10+ catches (10) & 175+ rec. yards (178).
- WR RISHARD MATTHEWS has 341 rec. yards (85.three per recreation) with 2 TD catches in previous four at dwelling.
- WR ERIC DECKER had 133 rec. yards & TD in 12/16/12 badembly with Den.
- LB AVERY WILLIAMSON led crew with 14 tackles in Week 7. Had 2 TFL in final badembly.
- S KEVIN BYARD tied franchise document with three INTs in Week 7 & was named AFC Def. Player of Week.
- LB WESLEY WOODYARD has 2 sacks in previous three at dwelling. Aims for third badembly in row with 9+ tackles.
- Since 2013, DT JURRELL CASEY ranks 4th amongst NFL DTs with 29.5 sacks.
- CB LOGAN RYAN had career-high 2 INTs in 12/22/13 badembly with NE.
On The Airwaves
- TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon, Melanie Collins (Field reporter)
- SIRIUS: 134 (Bal), 132 (Ten) | XM: 386 (Bal), 226 (Ten)
The Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers are on a bye for Week 9.
Statistics and recreation info courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or National Football League.