Updated: February 28, 2020 10:21:28 AM
After “Zomato happy rider” and “viral smile guy” became viral, the man featured in the video became the profile photo of Twitter and Instagram handles from food aggregator Zomato India. In recognition of his new fame, all display photos of the brand on social media were changed to those of the man.
The delivery person from Delhi, who was identified just like Sonu, was recently captured in a video by vlogger Delhi DC Rider. The video was then posted on TikTok, where he spoke about how much he earns and his working hours. But what really caught everyone’s attention was his smile, even the vlogger asking him the secret behind it.
The video was viewed more than 4.7 million times on the TikTok and then distributed on other social media platforms.
The vlogger subsequently tracked down Sonu and “Zomato driver” has become a trending hashtag on social media.
On Friday, the display photo of the company’s Instagram and Twitter handles was changed and the company said it is “now a satisfied rider-fan account”.
this is now a satisfied rider-fan account
– Zomato India (@ZomatoIN) February 28, 2020
On Instagram, the company listed several reasons for smiling and recorded the displayed photo as one.
His face is now an inspiration for memes in India and is now featured in many scenes from films and popular photos.
When Babita ji orders food from Zomato and you are the delivery person pic.twitter.com/HWVXDX2Knk
– Rishabh Srivastava (@AskRishabh) February 28, 2020
When a fan fakes, he met you in Parliament and you promised a selfie next time. But you have never been there. pic.twitter.com/4bUzc9wmuL
– Silly Point (@FarziCricketer) February 28, 2020
me: kahan hai bhai
friend: delicate dil me
– 🐇 (@firkey_) February 28, 2020
– CA Anshu # (@Tharakipan) February 28, 2020
When you’re OFF but the bat is yours …. pic.twitter.com/QNhWafz6TQ
– Vishal Saini (@vishal_saini_vs) February 27, 2020
When you send a meme to a person sitting in the same room and wait for him to see it. pic.twitter.com/RHsmvN4fOH
– Manish ➐ (@Man_isssh) February 27, 2020
When you have finished drinking and your only friend asks, “Sutta Bacha Hai Kya?” pic.twitter.com/7J90cbrckq
– Pakchikpak Raja Babu (@HaramiParindey) February 27, 2020
Match found 😂 pic.twitter.com/b27D1wS9rn
– S Ravind King (@sravindking) February 27, 2020
She: Acha baba ruko send karti hu
– Tweetera🐦 (@DoctorrSays) February 27, 2020
When your friends say bhai wo tujhe bee dekh rahi hai 🤩🤣🤣😂 pic.twitter.com/IMEMR5IR5D
– Sooraj Karkera 🇮🇳 (@karkerasrj) February 27, 2020
* Boy and girl come from the Oyo room *
Oyo staff pic.twitter.com/bTjaUdR5SN
– ekdum chill (@jalebiwaali) February 28, 2020
Arijit Singh, if you break up pic.twitter.com/Y3qbeBnnp3
– Bade Chote (@badechote) February 27, 2020
Girls after AIR 1 versus boys after passing additional exams pic.twitter.com/iuXKFxklEZ
– Theironman (@ Theiron52686107) February 27, 2020
* marwadi shopkeeper when the customer forgets to accept change pic.twitter.com/0dGFCLNXhA
– 🍁Sharmaji Ki Beti🍁 (@A_BrahminGirlll) February 27, 2020
Learn to be happy with what you have. ❤️✌️👍 pic.twitter.com/XnUZi7np6a
– Shashwat 🏌️ (@_Shakti_maan) February 27, 2020
Many on social media also sought a pay raise for him.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to become a member of our channel (@indianexpress) and stay up to date with the latest news
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd