The NFL’s participant self-discipline crew is embarking on a busy Monday proper now. Five gamers had been ejected throughout three video games Sunday (and it might have simply been extra), with two marquee receivers within the middle of the motion.
Bengals WR A.J. Green went first, taking Jalen Ramsey down not as soon as however twice in a surprising sequence earlier than halftime. Both gamers had been rapidly kicked out of the sport—a 23-7 Jaguars win. “I should have just walked off in that whole situation,” Green stated afterward. “It’s never going to happen again.”
In New Orleans, throughout the Bucs’ 30-10 loss to the Saints, Tampa Bay wideout Mike Evans laid out nook Marshon Lattimore from behind after the defender received into an alternate with Jameis Winston (out of the sport after aggravating a shoulder harm) alongside the sideline. Evans wasn’t ejected, however he ought to have been. He completed with one catch for 13 yards, and he was equally apologetic afterwards. “I let my emotions get the best of me,” Evans informed Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times. “I badumed [Lattimore] was choosing a struggle with my quarterback. It’s one thing I shouldn’t have accomplished. It was very infantile. I shouldn’t have accomplished that. Unprofessional.”
Though each stated the proper issues afterwards, Park Avenue will nonetheless weigh in. Both are prone to obtain fines. Evans appears extra possible to attract a suspension, partly to rectify the truth that he was not ejected on Sunday, but in addition due to the recklessness of a violent hit on a participant along with his again turned. Whatever the league decides, it’ll be one other ugly second for 2 guys who had been alleged to be offering highlights slightly than haymakers. Last 12 months, Green and Evans had been second and sixth respectively in receiving yards per sport. This 12 months, they’re eighth and 18th, with their groups boasting a mixed file of 5-11.
Not getting this article in your inbox but? Join The MMQB’s Morning Huddle.
NOW ON THE MMQB: Peter King ranks the MVP contenders … Gary Gramling freaks out about Week 9 … Jonathan Jones takes inventory of the Panthers and the NFC South … and extra.
LATER TODAY ON THE MMQB: Andy Benoit previews Lions-Packers … Conor Orr focuses on the Texans and Colts … and extra. Stay tuned.
Ezekiel Elliott led the way in which for Dallas, winners of three straight.
Ron Jenkins/Getty Images
1. Cowboys 28, Chiefs 17. Kansas City earned the spotlight of the sport, a nicely orchestrated 56-yard catch-and-run by Tyreek Hill on the finish of the primary half. Just watch it. But Dallas earned the win at residence. Ezekiel Elliott, in what may need been his final sport for some time (who is aware of anymore?), had 93 yards and a rating. After the house crew went up 11 within the fourth, the Chiefs’ response was stymied by a Jeff Heath interception, Alex Smith‘s first of the season.
2. Washington 17, Seahawks 14. Kirk Cousins bounced again from an early security to guide the drive of the day en path to the upset of the day. Seattle went up 4 with 1:30 to play, however Cousins discovered Josh Doctson on a 38-yarder to the 1 and operating again Rob Kelley punched within the game-winner. Blair Walsh missed three kicks within the loss.
three. Panthers 20, Falcons 17. Carolina’s run sport (201 complete yards, 86 from Cam Newton) outdid Atlanta’s air badault (313 yards for Matt Ryan), partly as a result of Julio Jones dropped a ball within the endzone. These groups will see one another once more the final week of the 12 months.
Four. Eagles 51, Broncos 23. Brock Osweiler‘s return to Denver’s lineup went very not nice (208 yards, one landing, two interceptions, three sacks) whereas Jay Ajayi had a powerful debut for Philly (77 yards and a rating on eight carries). Oh, and Carson Wentz bolstered his MVP case with 4 touchdowns.
Coming off a suspension, Marshawn Lynch scored twice in a much-needed Raiders win.
Chris Trotman/Getty Images
5. Raiders 27, Dolphins 24. Amari Cooper recovered a last-minute onside kick to safe a street victory that retains Oakland within the hunt at Four-5.
6. Titans 23, Ravens 20. Despite being outgained, 341-257, Tennessee gained at residence because of the opposite phases of the sport. Its first two landing drives had been solely 46 and 26 yards lengthy because of a foul punt by Baltimore and an interception. Joe Flacco hit Mike Wallace for a TD with 46 seconds left, however the Ravens couldn’t get well the onside kick, dropping to Four-5.
7. Rams 51, Giants 17. Yet one other Sunday to neglect for the Giants. The low level for New York got here when its protection gave up a landing on a third-and-33 display. And that is saying one thing, contemplating L.A. went on to attain 34 extra factors after that, with Jared Goff throwing a career-high 4 landing tosses.
eight. Jaguars 23, Bengals 7. Two cats headed in reverse instructions. Jacksonville gained consecutive video games for the primary time in over a 12 months—and gained at residence for the primary time this season, protecting tempo with Tennessee atop the AFC South. Cincinnati, in the meantime, had one other anemic offensive effort: 119 pbading yards and 29 on the bottom.
9. Colts 20, Texans 14. Maybe subsequent 12 months we’ll have the ability to speak about an Andrew Luck-Deshaun Watson matchup. But Sunday, Jacoby Brissett bested Tom Savage, as Savage misplaced the ball on a strip-sack on fourth-and-goal to finish the sport.
10. Saints 30, Buccaneers 10. Make it six straight wins for New Orleans and 5 straight losses for the Bucs. Jameis Winston left with shoulder soreness at halftime earlier than instigating the sideline skirmish with Saints nook Marshon Lattimore.
11. Cardinals 20, 49ers 10. Adrian Peterson is not placing up too many profession highs as of late, however he did notch one Sunday with 37 carries, essentially the most ever by a 30-something. Meanwhile, it is time to begin searching for a win for Zero-9 San Francisco. If it would not come subsequent week towards the Giants, it may not ever occur.
Have a narrative you suppose we must always embody in tomorrow’s Press Coverage? Let us know right here.
Even the Eagles had been shocked by their dominance Sunday. They reportedly ran out of fireworks.
Question? Comment? Story thought? Let the crew know at [email protected]