Today’s Dealmaster is specifically focused on video game offerings, as both Microsoft and Sony are in the midst of extensive “spring sales” for their respective gaming platforms. In general, most of the price cuts are not as steep as what you will see during Black Friday and the holiday season, but many of the games on sale are still available for less than the retail prices we have tracked. in recent years. months.
So to help anyone interested in choosing a new game to separate the wheat from the chaff, we’ve selected the best deals we could find from the over 1,000 deals listed in the two sales, highlighting games that are genuinely cheaper from the usual. and it’s worth your time in the first place.
On the Microsoft side, the Xbox Spring Sale includes Xbox and PC games and is scheduled to end on April 15. Microsoft has sent $ 10 coupons for select Xbox Live users along with the sale, but note that many of the games on offer are also included in the company’s Xbox Game Pass subscription service. For PlayStation users, Sony says the PlayStation Store spring sale will run until April 28, with another batch of offers added to the current selection on April 14.
For those who primarily play on PC, we’ve also selected a number of offers from the Epic Games Store spring sale, which has been live for a couple of weeks, but is scheduled to end on April 8. Some of these offerings have been replicated or improved upon at other PC game retailers, which is why we’ve included them as well.
In any case, several games we like have discounts on various sales, including our last two Game of the Year winners (hell and Control), Tsushima ghost, Doom Eternal, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Ori and the will of the Wisps, the recently released Hitman 3, and much more. You can peruse our full selection below, and the Dealmaster will be back with a roundup of more traditional tech offerings later this week.
Note: Ars Technica may be compensated for the sales of the links in this publication through affiliate programs.
The 10 best deals of the day
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox, PC) for $ 19.99 at Microsoft (also on Game Pass, usually $ 27).
- Control: Definitive Edition (Xbox) for $ 19.99 at Microsoft (Standard Edition on Game Pass, normally $ 40).
- Hitman 3 (Xbox, PS4, PS5, PC) for $ 44.99 at Microsoft, PlayStation Store, Green Man Gaming, and Epic Games Store (normally $ 55).
- Ori: the collection (Xbox, PC) for $ 17.99 at Microsoft (also on Game Pass, usually $ 35).
- Tsushima ghost (PS4) for $ 40.19 at PlayStation Store, GameStop, and Walmart (normally $ 55).
- Inside (PC) for $ 4.99 at the Fanatical and Epic Games Store (normally $ 20).
- hell (PC) for $ 19.99 at the Epic Games Store (normally $ 25).
- Doom Eternal: Deluxe Edition (Xbox, PC) for $ 29.69 at Microsoft (Standard Edition on Game Pass, normally $ 45).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition (Xbox, PS4, PC) for $ 9.99 at Microsoft, PlayStation Store, and Epic Games Store (normally $ 25).
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox) for $ 26.99 at Microsoft (normally $ 35).