9 years old family members die after eating homemade noodles


Nine members of the same family died of food poisoning after eating a homemade noodle dish containing a toxic toxin.

The fragility of coarse noodles made from fermented corn flour sat in the family freezer for almost a year “before being prepared”, consumed in a state newspaper gathering on October 5 China Daily Reported.

Twelve relatives were present for breakfast at Jidong County in the northeast Chinese province of Heilongjiang, but only nine more senior members ate the dish called “Sutangzi”.

Three younger family members refused food due to “strange tastes”, the paper said.

All nine relatives fell ill hours after meals, and eight were declared dead by 11 October.

The last surviving patient, 47-year-old Li Hongyan, was placed in intensive care at the second affiliated hospital of Harbin Medical University in the provincial capital.

According to Shanghai-based news website The Paper, Lee’s son confirmed that his mother was pronounced dead on Monday.

The incident greatly affected public interest and prompted investigations at provincial and state levels.

The National Health Commission of China stated that traces of respiratory toxin bongraic acid were found in the fermented noodle dish. This substance is produced by coconut or corn which is contaminated with the bacterium Burcoprenia hadioli.

The poison was also found in the deceased, which led officials to play foul, local media reports said.

The country’s National Health Authority said in a statement that 84 people have died in the case of 37 deaths since 2010. There is no known cure for treating poisoning.

The commission, along with health officials at the provincial and municipal levels, has given several health-related notices, advising the public against cooking with ferrous corn flour.

On China’s microblogging service Weibo, such as China’s Twitter, the hashtag has received more than 470 million views about the commission’s warning at the time of writing.

In Indonesia, the government ban on dish tempo bongcrack in the 1970s resulted in deaths associated with bongreic acid poisoning.

The illicit food, which originated on the central Indonesian island of Java, is made from soybean and coconut pulp. It was outlawed due to its tendency to be contaminated with Burcoprenia hallioli.

File photo: Sutangji, a dish of northeastern Chinese noodle dishes.
Heilongjiang Health Commission

Leave a Reply