Stan Szito-USA Today Sports
Here are other San Francisco 49ers-related storylines that may interest you.
49ers bringing in potential Kyle Nelson replacements
Kyle Nelson struggled on Sunday during the 49ers 36-9 victory over the New York Giants. It did not cost the San Francisco victory, but that is not to say that mistakes like this cannot continue down the stretch.Nelson’s snaps were all over the place, and offensive lineman Justin Scull eventually replaced him. Can the 49ers replace the team’s longest-serving current player?
“I know how low Kyle is. I knew how low he was,” head coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Monday. “He came to me today and just apologized and gave stuff. It was an unfortunate game for him. Kyle had an incredible career. He has been a great 49er. He has been a great teammate.
“I’ve loved Kyle all these three years, which is what I’ve gotten to know him for, and he’s very good to us. So, I know it was a really bad day.
“I just told him that, you know, luckily, it didn’t cost us anything. It wasn’t an issue in the game because that’s how the rest of the game went. We were still able to get a W, but that Understands this business. He understands how the league works, and we’re going to bring some people tomorrow, work them out. We’ll see how they look, and then we’ll decide how to proceed. What’s the best. “
49ers vs Giants breakdown of Baldi
NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger broke the film and pointed to some extraordinary work by the 49ers on Sunday. You can find out the breakdown of the baldi below. They include some of the more impressive plays from the offensive line, running back Jerick McKinnon, and stopping Javon Kinlaw and Brandon Ayuk.
49ers Snap Counts
Below are the 49ers snap count against the Giants. These numbers belong to NBC Sports Bay Area.
- Quarterback: Nick Mullens 77
- rushing back: Jerick McKinnon 48, Kyle Juszczek 38, Jeff Wilson 23, Jaymekal Hosty 6
- Wide receiver: Kendrick Bourne 64, Brandon Ayuk 56, Trent Taylor 30, Mohammed Sanu 20, Dante Pettis 8
- tight end: Ross Dwell 62, Jordan Reid 18, Charlie Werner 12
- Offensive line: Lucken Tomlinson 77, Ben Garland 77, Daniel Bruncill 76, Trent Williams 74, Mike McGlichy 72, Justin Skull 5, Colton McWitz 4
- Defensive line: Kerry Hyder 36, Eric Armstead 33, Javon Kinlaw 28, Kevin Givens 27, DJ Jones 24, Dion Jordan 22, Jiggy Ansah 21, Kentavious Street 17
- Linebacker: Fred Warner 45, Quon Alexander 45, Aziz al-Shair 19, Demetrius Flanigan-Falls, Joe Walker 7
- Defensive Back: Jimmy Ward 45, Jackieski Tart 45, Jason Verrett 45, Donattee Johnson 43, Kevon Williams 33, Emmanuelle Moseley 9, Tarvir Moore 7, Ken Webster 7, Marcel Harris 7
- Mitch Vishnowski 16, Walker 16, Moore 16, Flenigan-Falls 16, Webster 13, Harris 13, Dwelly 13, Mark Nezocha 12, Armstead 12, Jones 12, Warne 11, Hess 11, Ward 11, Robbie Gould 10, Tomlinson 9. Branskill 9, Skull 9, McWitz 9, Kyle Nelson 8, McGlenkey 8, Tart 8, Johnson 8, Pettis 5, Al-Shair 5, Wilson 4, T. Taylor 3, Kinlaw 3, Jordan 3, Hornis Grasu 1, t. T. Williams 1
Did not play
San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan spoke to reporters on Monday with the team, which followed the team to a 36–9 win over the New York Giants. Here is everything he had to say. Copy provided by San Francisco 49ers Communications Staff. Preliminary comments: “I’ll start with injuries first. [TE] Jordan Reid ended up having a knee sprain. He will be out for a while. He will go on short term IR. [CB Emmanuel] Moseley is in concussion protocol. [RB Jerick] Mackinnon, rib fusion, day to day and [LB Mark] Nzeocha had a quad strain. He will most likely also go on short-term IR. [CB] K’Waun [Williams] Had some hip problems. We are watching it now. We’ll see how he is on Wednesday. As far as other people didn’t
The San Francisco 49ers punk defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw didn’t walk away from his NFL debut with garish figures. He was credited with just one tackle during Sunday’s loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Nevertheless, Pro Football Focus classified the young defender as the fourth-best 49ers player since Week 1 and felt it to be the third-best performance by an NFL cheater. NFL media analyst Brian Baldinger was impressed by Kinlaw’s performance against the Cardinals and shared a short film breaking why he feels like it. He called the young defender an “incredible prospect”
The 2020 season has not begun as the San Francisco 49ers had hoped. It must have been a “legendary revenge tour” with the defending NFC champion, for the February Super Bowl loss, climbing back to the top and going away with a championship. Maybe it still happens. But the 49ers will need to withdraw some players from their growing injury list. The defensive line, which is crucial to the success of the defense, has already taken a critical hit with the loss of two prior first-round polls in Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas. The duo watched their season end during Week 2 after suffering a torn ACL. Here is an updated list of current injuries to 49ers.