4-year-old British girl accidentally hangs herself from a tree

A 4-year-old British girl accidentally hanged herself from a tree just days after becoming a twin sister, and her mother has now spoken of her “hellish storm of grief” following the tragedy.

Freya Thorpe was wearing a bicycle helmet when she climbed a tree near her home in Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, in September 2019, the South West News Service reported.

He slipped and fell, but his helmet strap caught on the tree and he died despite the efforts of rescuers.

“I am a broken individual caught in a storm of grief,” Freya’s mother Elise said, The Sun reported.

“We live day and night in hell, torture, shock and pain that cannot be understood,” he said.

The devastated mother told SWNS that she and her husband “were on cloud nine after the long-awaited arrival and difficult pregnancy” of twins Kiera and Zack, adding that she would have committed suicide if she had not given birth for 10 days. before.

“A brother and sister that Freya had waited so patiently for nine long and difficult months to become an older sister,” she told the outlet.

“In the early afternoon, Dad had to go pick up the special milk from Boots Pharmacy in Cowley for the twins as they were allergic to cow’s milk,” Elise recounted.

Freya had been invited on a play date at a house a “10-second” walk down a cul-de-sac where parents “let their children play confidently,” the mother said.

But on the fateful day, Freya ventured out without her mother’s knowledge.

Freya Thorpe was admitted to John Radcliffe Hospital.
Freya Thorpe was admitted to John Radcliffe Hospital.
Elise Thorpe / SWNS

“I had a feeling he wanted her home. Soon after, I saw an ambulance at the end of the road; I panicked, at the time not knowing why I was panicking, ”Elise told SWNS.

“I called my husband to tell him that I was going to get her out of the house behind. He said, ‘No, I’m five minutes away, stay with the babies,’ ”he said.

“I saw his car go by and not come back from the little dead end. I knew something was wrong, “he added.

When she saw her husband with a firefighter, she grabbed the twins and ran to a cordoned off area where she saw first responders desperately working on Freya.

After waiting two days at John Radcliffe Hospital, she and her husband were told that their daughter could not be saved.

“I never set foot inside my house again. This is something that I also lost and miss to this day: my home, ”Elise said.

“If she hadn’t given birth just 10 days earlier, we would have taken our own lives in the hospital that night, without a doubt,” she said.

“We have had a lot of support over the last 18 months and we cannot tell you how much it has helped us overcome and for that I can never thank everyone enough for the support, the kind words and the donations, even from those we have never met.” the mother continued.

“But we’ve also experienced scrutiny and abuse from people who have asked, ‘Where were the parents? How could they let her go out alone? ‘”He added.

“It has caused family breakdowns and lawsuits, all because people did not know that Freya was not under our care when this happened.”


Source link