As reported by the CBS LA, widespread coronovirus outbreaks have affected three different food manufacturing facilities in Los Angeles County. Businesses affected are: Golden State Foods Corp in the city of Industry; S&S Foods in Azusa; And Mission Foods in Commerce (makers of other missions, among other things). There are more than three dozen coronovirus cases at each location, with about 60 COVID-19 cases from S&S Foods. None of the three occupations informed county public health officials, as required.
And in other news:
- Downtown Michelin-starred Japanese restaurant Hayato is bringing back its beloved bento boxes. It has been difficult to take the day’s option seriously since Heto’s first opening, but now the calendar has been taken down, and fans can hold reservations for the box starting at 1 a.m. on August 1.
- The pop-up Smashburger pop-up in LA Taco’s El Sereno is the new name on HangBars.
Osteria Mozza is still feeding the people of Hospitality through the Lee Initiative, with funds from Makers Mark. Day food can be picked up from noon to 2 pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Beverly Hills restaurant Nerano is flipped during a daytime pizzeria. At the end of the week with only wines and course sides, ample courtyards of the restaurant are available to eat from 11:30 am to 2 pm.
- Playa del Rey Bar and Restaurant Tripel is permanently closed. Chefs Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts state that “we are left in a moment where normal operations are impossible.” We have come to the end of our lease, our landlord is selling the building, and in the communal layout of our dining room compiled with health and safety concerns, we are left in a state of uncertainty over the new lease negotiations. Let’s take the possibilities forward. . “
- Off the Menu and Uber Eats team up on a new digital event called Wing Showdown, where celebrities from Shakeel O’Neill to Snoop Dogg team up with restaurants to showcase their own wing dishes. Local and national restaurants will participate, with Uber Eats serving as an ordering platform for its fans who want to try a variety of options from restaurants in their area. The whole thing starts tomorrow, and runs until 2 August.