The Yankees used to hold press conferences to introduce a new manager, or in the case of Billy Martin, who returned, every two months, or so it seemed. On Wednesday, Aaron Boone will become the third man to be so feted since 1996, however, following Joe Torre and Joe Girardi after guiding the Yankees from the dugout for long seasons of 12 and 10 years, respectively. It was undoubtedly an outside choice for general manager Brian Cashman and owner Hal Steinbrenner, who despite previous reservations about hiring someone with no experience, said Monday that Boone "possesses the attributes necessary to follow the tradition of great managers." of the Yankees. "
Here are 1
1. WHY ARE YOU ADAPTED TO THIS EQUIPMENT?
After interviewing for the vacancy on November 17, Boone told team writers that he had been preparing for this job all his life, as a third-generation commander. – Player in a baseball family. His grandfather (Ray), his father (Bob) and his brother (Bret) were also former All-Stars, and he is a direct descendant of the American frontier pioneer Daniel Boone. I'm not sure if that really answers, but I just wanted to mention Daniel Boone.
2. HOW WILL YOU IMPROVE THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION?
A major factor in the overthrow of Girardi, according to Cashman, was the need for more open relations between the manager's office and the rest of the organization. Cashman cited Boone's "clever mind for the game, a progressive approach to evolving strategies, interpersonal skills and baseball pedigrees" as reasons why he was selected by fellow candidates Hensley Meulens, Carlos Beltran, Rob Thomson, Eric Wedge and Chris Woodward.
3. WITH WHAT TO RELY ON ANALYTICS?
Among the evolutionary strategies mentioned above is the appearance and implementation of analysis in the list of 162 games, more than ever. Boone was always well versed and well prepared in this regard in his work as an ESPN game analyst.
4. HOW MUCH SEPARATION DO YOU DO BETWEEN YOURSELF AND THE MAIN OFFICE?
The Yankees have also used buzzwords such as collaboration and compatibility to describe Girardi's shortcomings, and Cashman looked for someone else in tune with the philosophies and desires of his personal front office and analysis.
5. HOW HAS YOUR ALCW-WINNING HOME AFFECTED YOUR LIFE?
Boone's 12-year career included only three months in the Bronx after a deadline change since Cincinnati in 2003, but he dramatically recorded his name in franchise history with a pass through the 11th entrance. home run against Boston in Game 7 of the American League Championship Series.
6. WOULD YOU HAVE CONSIDERED TIM WAKEFIELD AS A TRAINING COACH?
Joking, of course, but if the Yankees had won that 2003 World Series against Florida, Boone and Wakefield, who spit the home run that put an end to the series, they would intertwine as much as Mookie and Buckner in baseball lore. from NY / Boston.
7. DO WE EVER THINK THAT, WITHOUT YOU, ALEX RODRIGUEZ NEVER HAD BEEN BECOMING A YANKEE?
Another joke, but if Boone had not suffered an ACL break playing basketball during that offseason, the Yankees would not have landed on A-Rod to replace him at third base. That would undoubtedly have made the next decade in the Bronx much less interesting and tumultuous.
8. HOW CAN YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MAXIMUM GARY SANCHEZ?
Girardi probably took more questions about his talented but frustrating All-Star catcher, mostly about his defensive struggles, than any other player on the list. Boone will too.
9. A QUESTION OF FOUR POINTS ABOUT THE REST OF THE LIST
A) Do you plan to increase the playing time for Clint Frazier or an immediate role for Gleyber Torres? B) What role will the $ 153 million man have Jacoby Ellsbury? C) Will Aaron Judge remain in the 2nd place in the batting order and can he double his success in 2017? D) With Shohei Otani out of the picture, who rounds the rotation if CC Sabathia is not retained?
10. HOW DOES LOFTY EXPECTATIONS COME FOR THIS TEAM?
The Yankees only reached and won the World Series once in Girardi's term, but they also did not record a losing record during their 10 seasons in charge. Boone takes over a club that hastened his rebuilding plan and made an unexpected run to Game 7 of the American League Championship Series in October. Forget about the growing pains, you are expected to start running in your first season as a manager at any level.
OUTTA BOTTE EXPERIENCE
Cheap shooting and blatant disregard for the opponent.
No, this is not about the current state of national politics, but once again about the NFL, which continues to face far more worrisome problems than simply the players keep track of Colin Kaepernick and kneel for the national anthem.
Monday night's showcase between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati was ruled out by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as nothing more than the outdated "AFC North football."
it was much more disturbing than that.
I'm not a prude when it comes to the physical nature of football, but it was such an ugly display in the memory of a sport overflowing with fierce and reckless blows to the head and attempts to hurt, especially since We have learned much more about the long-term effects of CTE and other brain injuries in recent years.
– From the Twitter account: The Giants should hire Bas Kin and Robbins replace Ben and Jerry.
Come on, everything is in a good mood.
– The islanders are definitely a fun and explosive team, but it's a lot to ask that you win 5-4 or more each night. during a full season.
Garth Snow never accepts my suggestions, but they need to change for a legit defender and possibly even for a goalie improvement.
– With the Demons stable and the Rangers coming in, this could be the first year the three venues have reached the NHL playoffs since 2006-07.
– The latest games have only improved the Porzingis MVP case, right?
– It was meant to happen, but it seems that LaVar finally took one of his Balls and goes home.  PETE & PICKS
Ben McAdoo fortunately was fired along with GM Jerry Reese on Monday, but here is McAdoo among our list of the worst coaches in Giants history?
5. ALEX WEBSTER (29-40-1, 1969-73)
4. JOHN MCVAY (14-23, 1976-78)
3. BEN MCADOO (13-14, 2016-17)
2. BILL ARNSPARGER (7-28, 1974-76)
1. RAY HANDLEY (14-18, 1991-92)
Send a letter to the editor